Monday, November 7, 2011

How to find your Ring Size

I get asked all the time "How do I find out my ring size?"

If you have absolutely no idea and you're stranded on a small desert Island with no place in 3,000 miles to buy beer your ring size is within a half size of your shoe size. this is just some handy trick I learned from a guy who used to sell spoon jewelry on Haight Ashbury when it used to smell like Patchouli and spoon rings were $1 and bent with artisans teeth. Today you'll notice an equal amount of hamburgers can be bought with an equal amount of spoon rings. Regardless of yogurt container and peanut butter jars, shoe sizes are still the same.

  The best way to know what your ring size is, is to go to a jewlers or the jewlery counter at your favorite big box store and ask a clerk if you can use their wide band ring sizer.  It might look something like this.


No, this is not some kind of futuristic tambourine.  The basic idea is you keep trying out the 'rings on a ring' until you find the one that fits.  Read the little number on that ring and voila! you know your ring size.

The other way you find your size is to take a ring that fits you well and have that ring sized.  you can even do that without taking off your slippers.  Try this cool site- find my ring size.com
 
They take you step by step through the process of calibrating your computer screen using a credit card, then sizing a ring you already know fits your hand.  Its pretty groovy.  This also works well if you want to find out another persons ring size to surprise them with a gift.  How awesome will you feel when they slip it on their finger and it *fits perfectly*!  That calls for extra brownie points, listen up husbands!

Most of the silverware patterns I use to make my rings make a wide ring.  This means they can be a bit of a squeeze over your knuckles, some people find a half size larger then their normal ring size fits better.  If you are not sure, just ask me,  I can let you know if the ring you like might fall into that catagory.  Otherwise, I don't have many problems with rings not fitting my customers.  I have been at this for over 5 years and have learned how to make comfy rings that fit like a charm.  Like these beauties-



Size 10 Strasbourg
These are all for sale you know....


Questions?  Comments?   Lay it on me people!

Hope this info helps.

Dank
dankartistry.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment